The Declaration of Bruges, final statement issued by the conference “Cultural heritage: a resource for Europe- The benefits of interaction” organized by the Belgian Presidency of the EU Council in December 2010, was the starting point and catalyst of the Reflection Group. Since its establishment, the Reflection Group accompanied and supported the development of several European policy documents.
Some reference documents:
- European Parliament resolution of 8 September 2015 towards an integrated approach to cultural heritage for Europe
- Opinion of the European Committee of the Regions — Towards an integrated approach to cultural heritage for Europe
- Namur Declaration, issued by the 6th conference of Council of Europe Ministers responsible for cultural heritage “Cultural heritage in the 21st century for living better together. Towards a common strategy for Europe”
- Final statement of the conference “Heritage, contemporary architecture and design in interaction” organized bz the Latvian presidency of the Eu Council in March 2015
- Council conclusions of 21 May 2014 on cultural heritage as a strategic resource for a sustainable Europe
- COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, THE COUNCIL, THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEE AND THE COMMITTEE OF THE REGIONS Towards an integrated approach to cultural heritage for Europe
- Conclusions of the Council and of the Representatives of the Governments of the Member States, meeting within the Council, on a Work Plan for Culture (2015-2018)
- Final Statement of the European Conference ‘Cultural heritage and the EU-2020 strategy – towards an integrated approach’ organized bz the Lithuanian presidency of the EU Council November 2013, Vilnius, Lithuania.